Come join a winning team!
Take a walk around our facility and you’ll see why we’re one of the fastest growing landscaping companies in New England. While we’re diverse in our backgrounds and skill sets, we share a common passion for the green industry and aspire to become the “go-to” service provider when it comes to property maintenance.
We continue to get new maintenance contracts and plan to continue this aggressive growth, but we can’t without great people. (We keep growing because of our quality work and great customer service)
We are Make a Difference Landscaping located in Lee, NH. We’ve been in business for over 15 years, a full service landscape company and we’re on the move! Check us out at www.makeadifferencelandscaping.com.
But we have a problem, we need an experienced Irrigation Technician to gow our irrigation department! If you want to work for a “learning organization” and can manage maintenance crews, we want you!
Rates are as follows:
Irrigation Technician –
- $18- $25 per/hr – based on experience
- Able to lay out the job site and order materials.
- Has the leadership capability and demeanor to effectively manage and direct a crew of one or two people.
- Meets or exceeds company production standards for irrigation service work.
- Ensures that jobs are kept on schedule and under budgeted man hours
- Installation of new systems and servicing of existing systems
- Complete installation knowledge of irrigation systems is to be expected from start to finish in order
- Complete new irrigation systems based off of both design/blueprints and general layout knowledge.
- Troubleshoots irrigation systems and recommends solutions for more efficient water usage.
- Properly winterizes irrigation systems to prevent freeze damage to all exterior pipe and heads as well as backflow prevention systems
- Ability to diagnose a repair issues with existing residential & commercial irrigation systems
- Experience troubleshooting issues with multi-zone existing Irrigation systems
- Ability to startup and test Irrigation systems in the spring, mid-season check and winterize/blowout in the fall
- Ability to check functionality of systems, adjust controllers, adjust heads, change nozzles, etc. to ensure proper coverage and watering efficiency.
- Program clocks, replace heads, pipes, fittings and wire valves correctly; install timers and rain sensors; perform sprinkler retrofits; diagnose and repair electrical and hydraulic controllers, backflow preventers, and remote-control valves as needed
- Professionally represents the company by communicating with all clients regarding the status of systems, water conservation recommendations, proper watering schedules, etc.
- Maintain accurate times and notes on your tablet through LMN system
- Must be available weekends during peak season and to make-up any rain dates during the week
- Must be available during the winter months to participate in snow program
- Determines wet and dry areas for adjustments of sprinkler heads.
- Properly inventories and stocks all irrigation parts and tools in order to minimize down time.
- Operate and maintains and repairs a complex irrigation system, including leaks on the distribution lines, valve risers, electrical system, computer and irrigation control wire.
- Reports any serious irrigation breaks immediately to the Ops manager and maintains a daily log of completed repairs.
- Routinely inspects irrigation system components to ensure system is operating properly.
- Raise, level, change out and trim around sprinklers as needed.
- Coordinate with Ops manager to maintain an inventory of irrigation parts and supplies.
- Being adept in Hunter products
- Hydrawise capable.
- CIT – Certified Irrigation Technician
- Responsible for maintaining supplied irrigation vehicle, used to perform work.
- Maintain good recordkeeping of irrigation repairs and changes to the irrigation system and remain conscious of budget
- Build relationships and communicate effectively with customers to ensure satisfaction
- Able to operate company equipment: trenchers, pullers, trucks, geo-ripper, ditch witch tampers, etc.
- Able to read irrigation plans and drawings.
- Vision & Dental paid by the company
- 401K with 3% company match
- Energetic and positive team culture and environment
- Employee Referral and other bonus programs
We would like a career-minded individual who is looking for a long-term position; people seeking short-term positions or “resume stepping stones” need not apply.
We are a growing company and will need good people who want to grow with us. If this sounds like you, give us a call today to schedule an interview! 603-866-6993
Related keywords: irrigation technician, irrigation, laborer